Groundnut Seeds / Kernels
||Counts Per Ounce
||35/40, 38/42, 40/45, 45/50, 45/55, 50/55, 50/60, 60/70, 70/80, 80/90, 90/100
||1. Moisture Max. 7 % 2. Add Mixture 1-2 % 3. Imperfect Seed 3-5 %
||40/45, 45/50, 40/50, 45/55, 50/60, 60/70, 70/80, 80/90, 90/100, 100/120, 120/140
||• Groundnut Seeds / Kernels are packed in New Jute Bags of 25 Kg, 5O Kg & 50 Lbs • Or as per customers specification / requirement 0.05 %
Groundnut In Shell
||Counts Per Ounce
||Moisture Max. 7 %
||• Groundnut In Shell are packed in New Jute Bags of 40 Kg and 50Kg • Or as per customers specification / requirement
Brassica napus Linnaeus—known as rapeseed, rape, oilseed rape, and in some cultivars, Canola—is a bright yellow flowering member of the Brassicacea family (mustard or cabbage family). It is a mustard crop grown primarily for its seed which yields about forty percent oil and a high-protein animal feed.
Processing of rapeseed for oil production provides rapeseed animal meal as a by-product.
Rapeseed is normally processed in two steps:
- Physical pressing of the rapeseed and
- Subsequent hexane extraction of the remaining oil in the press-cake
Some smaller plants are only press-plants and do not apply the second step of hexane extraction. This results in a high oil content in the cake, which makes this process economically not viable because of the high price differential between rapeseed oil and rapeseed meal or cake.
The by-product is a high-protein animal feed, competitive with soya. The feed is mostly employed for cattle feeding, but also for pigs and chickens (though less valuable for these).
The meal has a very low content of the glucosinolates responsible for metabolism disruption in cattle and pigs.
Rapeseed is a heavy nectar producer, and honeybees produce a light colored, but peppery honey from it.
It must be extracted immediately after processing is finished, as it will quickly granulate in the honeycomb and will be impossible to extract.
Rapeseed growers contract with beekeepers for the pollination of the crop.
Cultivation and uses:
- Rapeseed is very widely cultivated throughout the world for the production of animal feed, vegetable oil for human consumption, and biodiesel; leading producers include the European Union, Canada, the United States, Australia, China and India.
- In India, it is grown on 13% of cropped land.
- Rapeseed oil generally contains a high level of erucic acid, which is mildly toxic to humans in large doses.
- Traditional and other uses have been for lamp oils, soap making, high-temperature and tenacious high-erucic acid lubricating oils, and plastics manufacturing.
- With the shift to rapeseed 00 in the European Union, the low erucic acid content of the resulting rapeseed oil and its specific fatty acid composition make it a highly appreciated edible oil.
- As the European rapeseed production is “conventional” (that is non-GMO), the preference of the European food customer goes to rapeseed oil produced in Europe over other oils or other origins that might be produced from GMO.
Rapeseed oil has also become the primary feedstock for biodiesel in Europe (estimates for 2006: more than 4.0 million tons of rapeseed oil went into biodiesel).
- Rapeseed oil is used in the manufacture of biodiesel for powering motor vehicles.
- Biodiesel may be used in pure form in newer engines without engine damage, and is frequently combined with standard diesel in ratios varying from 2% to 20% biodiesel.
- Formerly, due to the costs of growing, crushing, and refining rapeseed biodiesel, rapeseed derived biodiesel cost more to produce than standard diesel fuel.
- Rapeseed “oil cake” is also used as a fertilizer in China, and may be used for ornamentals, such as Bonsai, as well.
- The honey is usually blended with milder honeys, if used for table use, or sold as bakery grade.
Rapeseed in human health matters:
Rapeseed has been linked with adverse effects in asthma and hay fever sufferers..
Some suggest that oilseed pollen is the cause of increased breathing difficulties. This is unlikely however, as rapeseed is an entomophilous crop, with pollen transfer primarily by insects. Others suggest that it is the inhalation of oilseed rape dust that causes this, and that allergies to the pollen are relatively rare. There may also be another effect at work; since rapeseed in flower has a distinctive and pungent smell, hayfever sufferers may wrongly jump to the conclusion that it is the rapeseed that is to blame simply because they can smell it.
The Monsanto Company has genetically engineered new cultivars of rapeseed that are resistant to the effects of the herbicide Roundup.
They have been vigorously prosecuting farmers found to have the Roundup Ready gene in Canola in their fields without paying a license fee. These farmers have claimed the Roundup Ready gene was blown into their fields and crossed with unaltered Canola. Other farmers claim that after spraying Roundup in non-Canola fields to kill weeds before planting, Roundup Ready volunteers are left behind, causing extra expense to rid their fields of the weeds.
In a closely followed legal battle, the Supreme Court of Canada found in favor of Monsanto’s patent infringement claim for illegal growing of Roundup Ready in its 2004 ruling on Monsanto Canada Inc. v. Schmeiser. The case garnered international controversy as a court-sanctioned legitimation for the global patent protection of genetically modified crops.
There is also major concern that the extensive use of herbicide led to significant loss of biodiversity as wildflowers are killed, leaving other wildlife dependent on the wildflowers unable to survive.
Sun hemp Seeds:
Sunhemp Seeds are among our widely demanded Agro Seeds.
We export and supply Sunhemp Seeds that are used as green manure.
Sunhemp Seeds, that we provide, are demanded for agricultural purposes.
We make available machine cleaned Sunhemp Seeds that are hygienically packed.
One can easily avail healthy Sunhemp Seeds from us in bulk quantities.
Colour: Blackish Gray
Foreign Matter: 1% Max
Packing: In strong PP bags 30/50 Kg packing net/gross
1cl/20ft: 24 mt/1fcl
I.T.C. H.S. Code:12099990
Used: Green Manure